One of the most useful tool you have in Excel it's the filter.
You know that the filter is ON when you see arrows on the header of your table.
Activate the Filter
1. Select one of the cells of your table
2. Activate the filter in the ribbon Data > Filter
3. Now, you see arrows in the header of your table
Display only few rows
With the filter, you can easily reduce the number of rows visible by selecting only one criteria
Select one criteria
For instance, if you want to select only the rows for the beverages
- Click on the arrow where there is your criteria (here the column Category)
- Unchecked all the items (Select All)
- Select only the item you want (here Beverages)
Then, only the row with this criteria is visible but the other rows are not deleted.
Rows are not deleted
When you activate the filter, you hide the rows not equal to your criteria.
More, the color of rows number is blue. This means that a filter is active on your table.
Filter on many columns
You can select as many column as you want.
For instance, if you want to select the men, from Germany (DE) and Austria (AT) who have bought Grocery you have to do like this.
How many rows for your criteria
Remove the filter
There is many ways to remove the filter