This is the most commonly formula used and also the simplest to use. We will see in this page, different methods to perform a SUM in Excel.
Presentation of the SUM function
To perform a SUM function in Excel
- You simply start with the = sign in your cell
- Then, you enter the word SUM
- Then you open a parenthesis.
- Select all the cells that you want to include in your sum
- Don't forget to close the parenthesis
Using the icon bar
The method is simple. You can either
- Select the cell to add and then click on the icon
- Or, select the cells under your range of cells you want to add and then press
You can easily insert the function SUM with the shortcut Alt+=
|+||Insert the function SUM in your active cell|
You can create a dynamic sum by using the INDEX function. This is more for advanced Excel users