In Excel, there is a lot of tips and tricks to move or copy a worksheets. Here is some examples
Table of Contents
Move sheets in a workbook
To move a worksheet inside a workbook, you just have to
- Select the worksheet you want to move by a click
- Hold and drag your mouse
- Release the button of the mouse (drop)
Duplicate a sheet in a workbook
The technique is the same as the way to move a sheet. You must perform a drag & drop technique but in the same time, you press the key Ctrl of your keyboard.
You can notice that inside the icon you have the symbol + (indicating you are copying the worksheet)
Copy to a new workbook
If you want to isolate a worksheet in a new workbook, you can do this manipulation like this
- Select the worksheet you want to export
- Select Move or Copy
- In the upper dropdown list the option (New book)
- Activate the option Create a copy
If you just want to move the original worksheet to a new workbook, don't activate the option "Create a copy"
Move / Copy between workbook
Since Excel 2013, it is possible to drag & drop a worksheet between 2 workbooks.
- Put side by side your workbooks
- Select the worksheet you want to transfer
- Drag & drop
- If you want to copy, press the Ctrl key in the same time
If you have Excel 2010 or lower, this technique is not possible