How to move cells with the mouse in Excel? It's very easy and much more efficient than doing a cut and paste.
Move a cell with the mouse in Excel
To move a cell with the mouse in Excel, you just have to
- Select the cells you want to move
It could be one or more than one cell. The technique is the same
- Put the cursor of the mouse on one of the borders of the cell
The cursor will be a cross with 4 arrows
- Drag & Drop the cell
Hold the button of the mouse when you drag and drop the cell
- As you notice, the content, the font size, the font color, the background color, and the cell's border have been moved
- The height and the width of the cell don't have been repro.
Move a cell with a formula
If you have a formula in your cell, what happens with the references?
When you move a cell with a formula, the references are kept. It's not like a copy-paste where the references change according to the direction of the copy
Move a range of cells with the mouse
With the same technique, you can move a range of cells from one location to another one in the same worksheet.
- Select the range of cells you want to move
- Put the cursor of the mouse on one of the borders of the selection
- Drag & Drop the selection
Here again, you move the content of the cells and the format.